02.03 Episode 25
Airdate: July 10, 1998
On a routine mission, SG-1 unwittingly aids a fleeing criminal and is condemned to life imprisonment on the penal world Hadante. Strangely, the most powerful person on Hadante is Linea, a gentle and educated woman with an unusual influence over the violent inmates. SG-1 strikes a deal with Linea, to help her escape in exchange for using her cold fusion to power the stargate. It is only after their escape that SG-1 learns the true story behind Linea. Accused of causing global plagues, she has come to be known as "The Destroyer of Worlds." And SG-1 has just set her free.
Written by: Terry Curtis Fox
Directed by: David Warry-Smith
Guest Starring: Bonnie Bartlett as Linea, Laara Sadiq as Technician, Mark Acheson as Vishnoor, David Bloom as Scavenger, Kim Kondrashoff as Roshure, Colin Lawrence as Major Warren, Michael Puttonen as Simian, Andrew Wheeler as Major Stan Kovacek, Colleen Winton as Dr. Greene
- Taldor means "justice".
- The Taldor is the judicial body that controlled island states that were at war when the Destroyer of Worlds brought a plague that wiped out half the population.
- SG-1 was sentenced to life in prison on Hadante for trespassing with weapons on ancient grounds and aiding a murderer.
- Hadante used to support life. The prison is the ruin of an alien gate terminal over 15,000 years old.
- SG-3 under Major Warren was sent on a rescue mission to recover SG-1.
- SG-9 under Major Stan Kovacek handles diplomatic problems and was sent to negotiate with the Taldor.
- O'Neill implies previous experience as a prisoner.
- This is General Hammond's first trip through the stargate.
- SG-1 escaped to P2A-509 to rendezvous with SG-3.
- Linea's activators interact with the tare root to create organically based cold fusion.
- Linea's parting message: "Thank you for your kindness. All debts have now been paid."
- Well, this sucks. [O'Neill]
- Teal'c, look scary and take point. [O'Neill]
- Well, Teal'c, makin' friends, are you? [O'Neill]
- What are we in here for? [Carter]
Jaywalking. I think. [O'Neill]
- The things I do for these people... [Hammond]
- P2A-509! [Daniel]
Little brain damage along the way? [O'Neill]
- And this just came to you? [O'Neill]
No, this came to me while I was suffocating. [Daniel]
- For crying out loud: 1
- Kids: 2
- O'Neill calls Daniel "Danny Boy": 1
- Carter: knocked unconscious by Linea's hand device
- Daniel: strangled to unconsciousness