POINT OF NO RETURN
04.11 Episode 77 (#6713)
Airdate: September 8, 2000
The SGC is contacted by a conspiracy theorist who claims he has full knowledge of a host of government cover-ups, including the Stargate Program. O'Neill arranges a meeting and travels to Billings, Montana, where he finds Martin Lloyd, a meek and hapless character who explains he is not only interested in outer space, he is from outer space. Martin insists he is an alien who came to Earth in his spaceship, and now only wants to return home through the stargate.
O'Neill is prepared to dismiss Martin as a harmless eccentric, but suspicious circumstances raise more questions. Carter and Daniel, investigating Martin's background, learn that his medication is affecting his memory, and that there are four other men who are also anxious to locate Martin. When Carter and Daniel disappear altogether, and Martin presents O'Neill with a set of gate coordinates, O'Neill begins to take him seriously. As Martin leads O'Neill and Teal'c to his buried spaceship, it becomes apparent that there just may be some truth to his story.
Martin's gate coordinates may hold the key, and a trip through the stargate reveals a deserted and devastated planet. As Martin's memory returns, he recalls his home world before it was destroyed by the Goa'uld. He and his comrades had been sent to find allies in defense of their planet, but realizing they were losing the war, they had abandoned their ship on Earth, and had gone into hiding. Now with no place else to go, Martin returns to Earth, where he and his missing comrades continue to live in secret.
Written by: Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie
Directed by: William Gereghty
Guest Starring: Willie Garson as Martin Lloyd, Robert Lewis as Dr. Peter Tanner, Matthew Bennett as Ted, Teryl Rothery as Dr. Fraiser, Mar Andersons as Bob, Francis Boyle as Sgt. Peters
DESTINATIONS & INHABITANTS
NOTES OF INTEREST
- Martin called from a phone booth in Butte, Montana, and arranged for a meeting at 11:00 the following day at the New Clover Leaf Restaurant in Billings, Montana.
- Martin's homeworld was under attack by the Goa'uld. He and his comrades were sent to find allies. They realized they were losing the war, and abandoned their ship on Earth, where they have been hiding out as deserters.
- Dr. Peter Tanner, as Martin's psychiatrist, prescribed a number of medications including Doxepin, Haloperidol, Perphenazine, Lithium, and Valium, mixed with indeterminate chemicals to control his memory and behavior.
- Carter can pick locks.
- Coordinates for Martin's homeworld: 24-12-32-7-11-34
- I've never been on a stakeout before. Shouldn't we have, like, doughnuts or something? [Daniel]
- A top-secret government program involving instantaneous travel to other solar systems by means of a device known as a stargate. [Marty]
Sounds like a good idea for a TV show - if you're into that sort of thing. [O'Neill]
- You don't understand! [Marty]
I get that a lot. [O'Neill]
- Oh, that's very good. Did you draw that yourself? That's a duck, isn't it? [Daniel]
- You're not a real doctor, are you? [Daniel]
FOR THE RECORD
- Carter and Daniel: drugged and unconscious
- Popular Culture References:
- The Day the Earth Stood Still
- Film footage on hotel television
- Twin Peaks
- Cherry pie and coffee
- The Day the Earth Stood Still