01.07 Episode 7 (#3959)
Airdate: August 29, 1997
On P3X-562, the team discovers a valley of blue crystals. When O'Neill touches one, he is struck down by its powerful energy, and a duplicate O'Neill appears. Returning to Earth, the duplicate seeks out Sara, O'Neill's estranged wife, and their son Charlie who died years earlier. Meanwhile, the real O'Neill returns through the gate, and SG-1 learns that the crystals are really energy beings. In a final encounter, the duplicate explains that he wanted only to heal the injured O'Neill, but that his greatest pain was the loss of his son, a grief that O'Neill is only now able to accept.
Written by: Jeffrey F. King
Directed by: Kenneth J. Girotti
Guest Starring: Harley Jane Kozak as Sara O'Neill, Teryl Rothery as Dr. Fraiser, Gary Jones as Technician, Wally Dalton as Sara's Father, Kyle Graham as Charlie O'Neill, Marc Baur as Senior Cop, Jane Spence as Nurse, Carmen Moore as Lab Assistant, Charles Payne as Guard NCO
Reference: FRED, Charlie O'Neill, Jack O'Neill, Sara O'Neill, P3X-562, Unity Crystals
DESTINATIONS & INHABITANTS
NOTES OF INTEREST
- Jack and Sara had separated after the accidental self-inflicted shooting death of their son Charlie.
- Sara O'Neill lives at 842 Cranbrooke Lane, Winter Park, CO 80310.
- Carter has a brother, niece, and nephew in San Diego.
- Goa'uld had destroyed the Unity in revenge for injuring one of them.
- Blue quartz crystal life forms have electromagnetic energy with the ability to emulate and recreate other life forms.
- The Unity Crystal's energy decays on Earth because Earth's electromagnetic field is stronger than on P3X-562.
- P3X-562 coordinates: 3-28-9-35-24-15
- P3X-562 point of origin: 14
- You received permission for me to fire my staff weapon in the gate room? [Teal'c]
Oh yeah... absolutely. [Carter/Daniel]
- Tell you what, let me put it nicely. Get me the hell outta here!! [O'Neill]
- I have seen your world. I will need it. [Teal'c]
FOR THE RECORD
- O'Neill calls Carter "Sam": 1 (duplicate O'Neill)
- Holy Hannah!: 1
- O'Neill: struck unconscious by electromagnetic energy shock, and duplicated