01.21 Episode 21 (#3976)
Airdate: February 27, 1998
Daniel Jackson returns from an alternate reality to the SGC with a desperate warning of an imminent Goa'uld attack. However, the SGC faces a more immediate threat from Senator Kinsey, powerful Chairman of the Appropriations Committee, who oversees the multi-billion dollar budget for the Stargate program. He views the program as wasteful and risky, and as he reviews the past missions with SG-1, he dismisses both the benefits of the Stargate and the danger presented by the Goa'uld. Nothing will sway his position, and he is determined to shut down the program for good.
Written by: Brad Wright
Directed by: Martin Wood
Guest Starring: Ronny Cox as Senator Kinsey, Robert Wisden as Lieutenant Colonel Samuels
DESTINATIONS & INHABITANTS
NOTES OF INTEREST
- Major Samuels has been promoted to Lieutenant Colonel and transferred to the Pentagon, Stargate Mission Analysis.
- Senator Kinsey is Chariman of the Senate Appropriations Committee.
- Stargate Command is an unofficial project designated by the Pentagon as "Area 52" and costs $7.4 billion per year to operate.
- The first mission to Chulak (Children of the Gods) occurred on February 10th of the current year, (O'Neill's report dated February 23). The mission to the Land of Light (Broca Divide) occurred in March.
- SG-2 has since returned to Argos and found the Argosians free of the nanocites and leading long healthy lives.
- With all funding cut, Stargate Command has been officially shut down, effective immediately.
- All right, wait a minute, let me get something straight here... Engaged?? [O'Neill]
- You'll always be Sparky to me. [O'Neill]
- Politics isn't my strong suit, but doesn't President outrank Senator? [O'Neill]
- How about a bake sale? Yard sale? Garage? [O'Neill]
This is what I look like when I'm not laughing, Colonel. [Hammond]
Car wash? [O'Neill]
- Oh, you're right, we'll just upload a computer virus into the mother ship. [Daniel]
FOR THE RECORD
- For crying out loud: 1
- Popular Culture References:
- The Wizard of Oz
- And you were there, and you were there, and there's no place like home.
- Independence Day
- Oh, you're right, we'll just upload a computer virus into the mother ship.
- The Wizard of Oz