04.21 Episode 87 (#6722)
Airdate: February 16, 2001
SG-1's robot duplicates from Altair arrive on Juna, only to find that SG-1 had preceded them there, and the inhabitants have mistaken them for their human counterparts. Earlier, SG-1 had helped the people of Juna to overthrow Heru'ur, but now Cronus has arrived in his ship and claimed the planet instead. The duplicate Carter, Daniel, and Teal'c are captured, and Daniel is destroyed, revealing to the astonished Goa'uld that the team is not human. O'Neill hopes to rescue his team, but he finds little support from the people of Juna who are unwilling to face another rebellion.
Meanwhile, Harlan of Altair arrives at the SGC, pleading for SG-1's help. The duplicate team, he explains, has been going on missions, however they are long overdue from their mission to Juna, and are dangerously near the limit of their portable power packs. SG-1 feels a sense of responsibility toward the people of Juna whom they had once liberated, only to be conquered again, and so they reluctantly agree to return to the planet in order to face the forces of Cronus and set things right once more.
On Juna, SG-1 meets up with the duplicate O'Neill, who is also in contact with his team members being held prisoner by Cronus. Together, the two teams orchestrate an elaborate plan to defeat the Goa'uld forces. As the duplicate O'Neill and Carter provide cover, and Teal'c faces Cronus, each of the robot doubles gives his life in the deadly battle, but it is through their sacrifice that SG-1 succeeds in killing Cronus, capturing his pyramid ship, and freeing the planet once again.
Written by: Robert C. Cooper
Directed by: Michael Shanks
Guest Starring: Belinda Waymouth as Goa'uld Officer, Jay Brazeau as Harlan, Ron Halder as Cronus, Matthew Harrison as Darian, Bill Croft as Sindar, Daniel Bacon as Technician, Tracey Hway as Hira, Michael Jonsson as Juna Warrior, John DeSantis as Jaffa, Paul Stafford as Jaffa
DESTINATIONS & INHABITANTS
NOTES OF INTEREST
- SG-1 had led a rebellion on Juna against the forces of Heru'ur. The Juna were told to bury their gate, but Cronus came in his ship and claimed the planet as his own.
- The duplicates of SG-1 had not been content to remain on Altair. Carter created a portable power pack worn in the chest which lasts 48 hours before needing to be recharged. They also have internal communication radios. The duplicates continued to go through the gate on missions as a team.
- Daniel was on an off-world mission.
- Coordinates for Juna: 29-8-18-22-4-25
- It would seem your robot counterpart is equally as good at following orders as you. [Hammond]
- Is this the first time you've lied to yourself? [Jack duplicate]
- We're not done, Pal. [Jack duplicate]
I so own you. [Jack]
- Are we still so far from real to you? [Jack duplicate]
FOR THE RECORD
- All of the SG-1 duplicates killed
- Teal'c: shot with a staff weapon, symbiote injured
- Popular Culture References:
- The Six Million Dollar Man
- Better... Stronger... Faster
- The Six Million Dollar Man