01.15 Episode 15 (#3969)
Airdate: October 31, 1997
When SG-1 travels to Hanka to assist SG-7, they find that a strange disease has killed everyone on the planet except for one little girl. The girl, Cassandra, returns to Earth with Carter and Daniel, but they soon find that the chest pains she is experiencing are caused by a metallic device implanted by the Goa'uld Nirrti as part of a Trojan horse scheme to destroy the Earth stargate. Carter has grown to love the little girl, and as time ticks down, the SGC must find a way to save both the Earth and Cassandra from destruction.
Written by: Robert C. Cooper
Directed by: Mario Azzopardi
Guest Starring: Teryl Rothery as Dr. Fraiser, Katie Stuart as Cassandra, Gary Jones as Technician, Kevin McNulty as Dr. Warner
Reference: Black Hole, Samantha Carter, Cassandra, Cassandra's Dog, Death Glider, Janet Fraiser, Hanka, Hazmat, Douglas McLean Memorial Observatory, Naquadah, Nirrti, Dr. Warner
DESTINATIONS & INHABITANTS
NOTES OF INTEREST
- SG-1 was sent to assist SG-7 at the Douglas McLean Memorial Observatory (SGC Project 169) on Hanka to collect data on the accretion disk of a black hole during a local solar eclipse.
- SG-1 had come three months earlier, and the locals had shared their mythology that with the darkness would come the Apocalypse.
- The bacterial infection brought by the Goa'uld contaminated the planet and killed 1432 people including all of SG-7.
- The stargate is made of the element naquadah.
- Cassandra's blood showed traces of naquadah, and a marked potassium deficiency. The object in her chest was made of iron and potassium on one side and naquadah on the other, separated by a layer of fatty tissue decaying at a regular rate.
- The combination of potassium and naquadah causes an intense nuclear reaction with high levels of gamma and particle radiation.
- The Goa'uld Nirrti, an enemy of Apophis, once sent an emissary to negotiate a treaty as a ploy to destroy a stargate taken by Apophis.
- You didn't think the Colonel had a telescope on his roof just to look at the neighbors, did you? [Carter]
Not initially. [O'Neill]
- Well, a black hole is this really big thing, well basically it's a massive... hole, out there. And what happens is everything gets sucked into it, even light. That's why we can't see it, it just gets... sucked in. [O'Neill]
Thank you. [Teal'c]
- It's showtime! [O'Neill]
- Take your time... no hurry... [O'Neill]
FOR THE RECORD
- Sweet: 1
- O'Neill calls Carter "Sam": 2
- Teal'c saved by his symbiote: immune to the disease
- Popular Culture References:
- It's showtime!