05.11 Episode 99 (#4964)
Airdate: September 7, 2001
On a deserted road, a Russian military convoy is stopped, and a Jaffa prisoner is taken into custody. On a street in Colorado, Major Carter is kidnapped and taken away in an unmarked van. Days later, the search for Carter has turned up no clues, and O'Neill turns to Maybourne for help in finding her. However, Maybourne can only suggest that User 4574, Colonel Simmons, is behind Carter's disappearance. O'Neill travels to the Pentagon to confront Simmons, who insists that the NID is not involved, and he returns suspicion to Maybourne, who has recently received a sizable payment from a secret private corporation.
O'Neill tracks down Maybourne once more, and learns the nature of his involvement. Maybourne had been hired to deliver a symbiote, captured from the Russian military, to Zetatron Industries, a multimillion-dollar corporation headed by the reclusive Adrian Conrad. He claims no knowledge of the motive behind Zetaron's clandestine acquisition, but clearly there is a connection to the disappearance of Carter, and he teams with O'Neill to find her. Meanwhile, Carter finds herself restrained in a deserted hospital, the subject of medical tests by doctors who have full knowledge of the stargate program, and of her past experience as a Tok'ra host.
Adrian Conrad is in the final stages of Burchardt's Syndrome, an incurable disease, and his intention is to allow himself to be implanted with a Goa'uld symbiote and to use the information learned from tests on Carter to safely remove it once he is cured. He proceeds with the implantation, but SG-1 finds and rescues Carter before the tests are completed. Conrad, now a Goa'uld, escapes. He is confronted by O'Neill, who is shot in the back, as Colonel Simmons emerges from the shadows. Simmons takes Conrad into custody, where he is detained in an NID holding cell, in negotiation for the exchange of information.
Written by: Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie
Directed by: William Gereghty
Guest Starring: John de Lancie as Colonel Frank Simmons, Tom McBeath as Colonel Harry Maybourne, Bill Marchant as Adrian Conrad, Andrew Johnston as Doctor, Ted Cole as Doctor, Carrie Genzel as Diana Mendez, Teryl Rothery as Dr. Fraiser, Robert Manitopyes as Guard, Jay Kramer as Guard, Frank C. Turner as Homeless Man, Tammy Pentecost as Assistant, Sasha Piltsin as Driver, Raoul Ganeev as Roadblock Soldier, Igor Morozov as Roadblock Soldier
DESTINATIONS & INHABITANTS
NOTES OF INTEREST
- After the initiation of the Russian stargate program, on the second Russian mission, a Jaffa was captured alive and taken by a renegade faction of Russian military intelligence. Maybourne arranged for the capture of the symbiote from the Russians. There was a recent deposit of $3 million to Maybourne's offshore bank account from a numbered company in the Cayman Islands. The holding company is a subsidiary of a multinational corporation called Zetatron industries, run by Adrian Conrad. Dr. Neil Brooke, immunology, took delivery of the symbiote.
- Adrian Conrad is in the late stages of Burchardt's Syndrome, a condition that affects the immune system, leaving the body vulnerable to a host of diseases. There is no known cure except the healing powers of a symbiote. Carter was captured and taken to St. Christina's, a deserted hospital in the suburbs of Seattle, in order to run tests to determine a safe means for removing a symbiote.
- Carter left her home at 8:30 Saturday morning, and was missing for 48 hours. Her car was found in a lot outside a fitness club 12 blocks from her home.
- Carter retains traces of a protein marker and naquadah in her blood, which give her additional strength and resistance to sedative drugs.
- Colonel Simmons, at the Pentagon, is User 4574.
- The NID is a legitimate organization financed by the government, with a mandate to provide vital civilian oversight of top secret military operations.
- NID agents use sites such as movieorbit.com to post coded messages.
- The FBI and Interpol have been alerted and are searching for the missing Goa'uld, and for Maybourne, believing he was responsible for shooting O'Neill.
- Carter drives a vintage Volvo. O'Neill drives a Ford F250.
- I'm just a cynical Air Force guy with a closet full of National Geographics. [O'Neill]
- So, you think Maybourne's a fan of Godzilla movies? [Daniel]
No, he strikes me more as a Mothra guy. [O'Neill]
- "Hutch, we need to talk." Sign it, "Starsky." [O'Neill]
- Where have you been? You never write. You don't call. [O'Neill]
- It's funny, I could always find anyone, anywhere, but they could never find me. [Maybourne]
Because they didn't want to. [O'Neill]
- Actually, that overwhelming desire to shoot you has come back. [O'Neill]
- Hey, G. Gordon, don't give me another reason to shoot you, all right? [O'Neill]
- You're going to have to go somewhere else. [Guard]
I have insurance. [Daniel]
- I said I think I just electrocuted myself. Do you have any idea what that feels like? [Daniel]
Something like that. [Daniel]
- Very dramatic. Thank you. [Carter]
- Sir, are you okay? [Carter]
I've been shot, Carter. I want sleeves on my vest. I'm not kidding. They should put sleeves on these things. [O'Neill]
FOR THE RECORD
- Oy: 1
- O'Neill: shot twice in the back, through a bullet-proof vest, at close range
- Carter: kidnapped and drugged during medical tests
- Popular Culture References:
- Starsky and Hutch
- "Hutch, we need to talk." Sign it, "Starsky."
- Starsky and Hutch