10.07 Episode 201
Airdate: August 25, 2006
In the shadow of an Ori ship, villagers cheer as they are addressed by Adria, now a young woman of extraordinary powers. She promises enlightenment to all believers, but suddenly an energy wave emanates from the stargate and sweeps across the planet. SG-1, hidden in the crowd, is beamed aboard Odyssey just in time, as every living person is instantly extinguished. Only one known weapon has such devastating powers, and Bra'tac's arrival at the SGC confirms their suspicions. Se'tak, the new leader of the Jaffa, believes that the Ancient device on Dakara is the only means to eliminate the armies of Ori followers, and he has put his plan into effect.
The abandoned Ori starcraft on the planet provides SG-1 with an opportunity, and they beam aboard to commandeer it. However, Jaffa have also come aboard, and they too lay claim to the ship as three ha'tak vessels appear in orbit. The Jaffa capture SG-1, but they are not alone on the ship. Adria is also aboard. Protected by the pendant of Celestis, Adria had survived the energy wave, and her telekinetic powers effortlessly overcome the Jaffa and force them to reveal the location of their weapon - Dakara. With SG-1 aboard, Adria powers the starcraft. Easily annihilating the ha'tak vessels, the Ori ship takes flight and departs for the Jaffa homeworld.
General Landry and Bra'tac have gated to Dakara to meet with Se'tak. However, despite Landry's insistence that incidental genocide is not a means to victory, the Jaffa leader will not be swayed. What's more, he blames the Tauri for the destruction of the ha'tak ships and the arrival of the Ori starcraft at Dakara. He activates the Ancient device in reprisal, but as the energy wave expands, Landry and Bra'tac escape through the stargate, and SG-1 beams aboard Odyssey. Adria fires her ship's weapons, and Dakara begins to crumble. At the SGC, news has arrived. Dakara is no more, and Merlin's weapon remains the only hope. "Find it," orders General Landry.
Written by: Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie
Directed by: Andy Mikita
Guest Starring: Morena Baccarin as Adria, Tony Amendola as Bra'tac, Matthew Glave as Colonel Emerson, Richard Whiten as Bo'rel, Gary Jones as Sergeant Harriman, David Andrews as Se'tak, Martin Christopher as Major Marks, Peter Nicholas Smyth as Prior, Shiraine Haas as Lieutenant Evans, Sylvesta Stuart as Jaffa, Aleks Holtz as Jaffa
Reference: Adria, Ancient Control Console, Asgard Transport Beam, BC-304, Bo'rel, Bra'tac, Dakara, Dakara Weapon, Paul Emerson, Lieutenant Evans, Force Field, Hazmat, Jaffa, Jaffa High Council, Jaffa Nation, Hank Landry, Major Marks, Odyssey, Ori, Ori Staff Weapon, Ori Warriors, Ori Warship, Orici, Prior, Prior Staff, Se'tak, Subcutaneous Transmitter
DESTINATIONS & INHABITANTS
NOTES OF INTEREST
- Adria is now a young woman. She is protected by the necklace she wears which holds a piece of the holy city of Celestis.
- Se'tak is the new leader of the Jaffa Council. He wears the tattoo of Ba'al and is convinced that the only hope for survival against the armies of the Ori is to attack using the Ancient device on Dakara to unmake living beings.
- Dakara is no more, the Jaffa nation is fractured and the Council is in disarray.
- Five more planets have fallen to the Ori, including Hebridan and Langara.
- Winning shows strength. Winning without fighting shows true skill. [Mitchell]
Oh, you are a student of Ancient strategies. [Teal'c]
No, Landry said it to me. I think he was quoting Sun Tzu. Or it could have been Dr. Phil. [Mitchell]
- Sometimes you make the right decision. Sometimes you make the decision right. [Landry]
That one's Dr. Phil. [Landry]
- There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead, or risk being left behind. [Vala]
She displays the wisdom of a battle-seasoned warrior. [Bra'tac]
She's a mother. Close enough. [Daniel]
FOR THE RECORD
- Mitchell: zatted once, unconscious
- Teal'c: zatted once, unconscious
- Popular Culture References:
- Dr. Phil
- I think he was quoting Sun Tzu. Or it could have been Dr. Phil.
- Sometimes you make the right decision. Sometimes you make the decision right. That was Dr. Phil.
- Dr. Phil